I have spent all my working life in high risk environments in roles as diverse as deep sea diver, expedition leader, and kidnap for ransom consultant.
But SO WHAT…
What did it teach me?
Through far too many unduly stressful experiences I learnt the hard way that:-
- The earlier a problem is addressed the better chance for a better outcome.
- Honesty is always the best policy.
- People do not like being ignored.
- Things are not fair but can usually be improved.
- There is great value on quickly drawing a line under an issue and moving on.
- Despite what people will say, at some level it is always personal.
- Once people are entrenched they do not listen.
- It is not just war that has truth as the first casualty.
- There are never less than two sides to every story.
- Hating waste:
- Of time
- Of Money
- Of physical and emotional energy
- Of opportunity
- Always mediate before you litigate – probably not the initial advice you will receive from a lawyer.
37 Years in the global security and risk theatre has repeatedly taught me the value of the following:
- Benefit of early engagement.
- Power of listening.
- The advantages of quickly drawing a line under an issue, taking the lessons, and moving on.
- There are no problems only solutions.
- And a belief in the art of the possible.
My mission is to enable you to solve your commercial dispute without going to court.
This I will do through the process of mediation based around my personal values.
To quickly resolve conflict and release the blockages to your forward progress. Enabling you to speedily achieve the best workable and liveable solution. Freeing up time, energy and resources by drawing a line under an issue and moving on to better things.
Get in contact for a discussion of your issues and to see if we can work together (trust is essential for success in mediation) and that your issues and situation would benefit from mediation.
+44 (0)7971 843625